Sunday, December 10, 2006

Yea! One More Clinical To Go!

Well I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Clinical today went fine. It was a little nerve-racking at first but I was fine by the afternoon. I had another total-care patient that wasn't very responsive. I had a very upset stomach this morning (must have been nerves). I think I was expecting the worst because of my first day on the floor with a total care patient.

In the morning she wouldn't eat for me and wasn't responding to anything I said, but I talked to her and by the afternoon she was a little more alert and responsive. The only thing I could make out all day was "Thank you, you're so sweet", and that made my whole day all better.

I don't know how these nurses take care of 8 patients at a time. Especially when 3 of the 8 are total-care patients.

So one more Sunday of clinicals and this semester is OVER! Our final exam is on the 20th. I took the day off work so that I can study up until the exam. The first couple exams went really well, the next two could have been better. Since this final is comprehesive, I figure I should step it up!

Hope everyone is well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter