Monday, September 17, 2007

I Am Such A Nerd

So I taught myself (from a book) how to knit a hat this weekend. I've finally moved on from scarves (thank god, I have about 50 now). There is actually an old sock knitting machine, but I've found they are about $450 on ebay, so back to the needles for me. Luckily the pattern I was following just happened to fit my head. Anyways, you can see below the first two hats I ever knitted along with a multitude of scarves from the last few years.



I started on some gloves this morning. Next I'm moving on to socks. Its just that heel part that's screwing me up. After the socks I think I'm going to try a fair isle patterned hat. I found one in a book, but its quite confusing.

I also got this awesome book that teaches you how to knit wire and beads. There are some very cute Christmas ornaments in it.

Anyways, that was about it for the weekend. I did go to a clambake on Saturday night and that was fun. Unfortunately I don't eat seafood, but the company was good :) Sunday I was going to go to an apple festival at an orchard around here, but there were 8 billion people there when I finally fought through the traffic to get there, then there was no parking, so I gave up and went for a drive instead. Besides, my friends and I are going apple picking at Erie Orchards in two weeks! I can't wait!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those hats are really good Jen!!! See you soon!

Tue Sep 18, 04:56:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter